Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wig shopping....

Last month was a rough one. My mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer. It is stage 4 because it has already spread to her liver and spine. When we went online the rate of survival said only 40% last five years plus. My parents came down to Huntsman Cancer Institute to get a second opinion. They let me tag along and my mother and I got to do some wig shopping after, and as her hairdresser I was more than happy to give my opinion!

Looking fabulous in a wig! We also bought some really cute bandanas and headwear. My mother is so amazing. She is always so positive about everything. Even cancer. through chemo, through the pain, through losing her hair. she always has a smile on her face. I'm trying my best to be more like her every day! We were happy to get some good news at Huntsman. thanks to many fasting & prayers the results from the first chemo showed it was working and shrinking the tumors. Now we just pray the hormone therapy will work after the chemo is done and she could be looking at a much longer life! She is in for the fight of her life, but I know if anyone can do it she can! Which is wonderful, because I can't imagine life without this amazing woman! Love you Mom!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jill! Your mom truly is an amazing lady!!! I'm so glad to hear that the treatments seem to be working. We love the Huntsman Cancer Institute. They just have a way of laying it all out on the table...no sugar-coating, but still making you feel optimistic at the same time. She's in good hands. We will be praying for her and for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...I'm so sorry! My heart aches for you and your family. Keep us posted. I am glad the treatments are showing positive results. We will be praying that your mom will have the strength and energy she needs to recover quickly. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you always!! Your mom is an amazing woman and she is a fighter. Be optimistic and keep your chin up!!! She looks great in the wig!! You are in our thoughts and prayers! Take Care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jill, I didn't know about your mom. She is such an outstanding person. I am sorry to hear about her cancer. We will keep you family in our Prayers. Your mom it Lucky to have a wonderful daughter like you to help her look so good in those wigs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom is SO AMAZING! I really admire her a lot! My mom was telling me how positive she's been and how wonderful she is! And she is so lucky to have you as a daughter! You guys have been in our thoughts and prayers. If you ever need ANYTHING, please call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't wig shopping so fun? when i lived in boise i use to go get wigs all the time- loved it. Im so sorry to hear about your mom though, had no idea you guys were going through this. Keep staying strong and upbeat, your in my prayers! luv you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think about your mom a lot and pray for your family too. Your mom is amazing and I know that you guys will get through this difficult time. Oh, and the wig looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks beautiful Jill! You all are in my thoughts and prayers...great news about the chemo!

    ReplyDelete