Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grandpa Kimball's Funeral

On April 15th my Grandpa Kimball (mom's dad) passed away after battling lymphoma cancer. He was a great man. I always admired his honesty, hard work ethic, and generosity just to name a few. It was sad to see him go but I can only imagine the sweet reunion that took place between him and my grandma. He couldn't wait to be with her again and always seemed empty without her around. We traveled to Northern California where he lived most of his life for the funeral, after it was all over it was pretty hard to leave since I had so many childhood memories there and will probably not have a reason to go back anytime soon.
Wasn't he handsome?
at the funeral. He was a World War II vet, and had a military burial.
My parents and siblings (minus Elder Wahlen) at the burial.
We love you Grandpa, you will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment